Join Atrium Health Navicent in Recognizing National Women’s Health Week
The community is invited to join Atrium Health Navicent in recognizing May 9 thru 15 as National Women’s Health Week. Beginning on Mother’s Day each year, this week serves as a reminder for women to take care of themselves and to make their health a priority.
“Many times, as women, we tend to put others’ needs in front of own because we don’t want to let our family and friends down. We know they are depending on us,” said Dr. Patrice Walker, Chief Medical Officer for Atrium Health Navicent. “In order for us to take the best care of our loved ones, we have to be in our best mental and physical health. Women’s Health Week is a great time to schedule your annual well-woman visit and preventative screenings, and to consider how you can take steps to improve, or maintain your health.”
Women can improve or maintain their physical and mental health by:
- Having regularly scheduled well-woman visits (check-ups) and preventative screenings
- Getting active — Take a walk, dance to your favorite music or begin a new exercise program
- Eating healthy, which may include swapping water for a sugary drink or trying a new recipe
- Paying attention to their mental health, which may include ensuring they get enough sleep and manage their stress
- Avoiding unhealthy behaviors such as smoking, texting while driving and not wearing a seatbelt or bicycle helmet.
To find a doctor, visit www.navicenthealth.org and click “Find A Doctor.”
About Atrium Health Navicent
Atrium Health Navicent, the leading provider of health care in central and south Georgia, is committed to its mission of elevating health and wellbeing through compassionate care. Providing more than 1,000 beds and offering care in 53 specialties at more than 50 facilities throughout the region, Atrium Health Navicent provides care for health care consumers’ through an academic medical center; community, pediatric and rehabilitation hospitals; urgent care centers; physician practices; diagnostic centers; home health; hospice and palliative care; and a life plan community. Atrium Health Navicent is dedicated to enhancing health and wellness for individuals throughout the region through nationally recognized quality care, community health initiatives and collaborative partnerships. For more information, please visit www.NavicentHealth.org.